Project

General

Google Home/Yatse/Tasker and Autovoice

Added by Dell 18 days ago

I have 3 android tv boxes, each running kodi. I have a 4th android box set up with only Google Assistant, Google Home, Yatse, Tasker and Autovoice. I also have a couple Google Home devices as well. I can use this with both the google homes as well as the voice remotes with no problems. But I have to manually change Yatse. Is there a way to change the voice commands to tell Yatse which device to play on??? I have them each named differently, IE, device name "Living Room", the kodi instance on that box is named "Living Room" and it is named "Living Room" in Yatse using it's respective static IP address.

I am pretty new to all of this and am tickled how well this is already working. If I could figure out how to get it to change devices by voice. For example, I could say "Ask Autovoice to play Avatar in Living Room" or "Ask Autovoice to play Avatar in Bedroom". Any help would be be so very much appreciated.

Thanks

Replies (7)

RE: Google Home/Yatse/Tasker and Autovoice - Added by Tolriq 18 days ago

For the moment this is not directly possible.

But you can use tasker plugin + auto voice to change target player. So create an auto voice command like switch Yatse to Living Room, then associate the task in Tasker as yatse plugin to change to that media center.

Then you do 2 commands, switch yatse to living room then play avatar.

RE: Google Home/Yatse/Tasker and Autovoice - Added by Dell 18 days ago

That sounds good, what would be the actual tasker command to change the target player??

Inside tasker you can use Yatse plugin then inside it it's easy choose change media center ;)

Is there some place you can direct me to set that up?

I'm sorry, I do not know tasker very well and thats above my head. Is there any instructions that is more simple to follow or a sample prj file that can be downloaded and modified and imported into tasker??

Sorry but this is not Tasker forum :) There's way more help there.

(1-7/7)
    Go to top