Project

General

Rating of Albums and of Songs while not playing and while playing

Added by Ari about 1 month ago

For a few years now I've been waiting for Yatse to support rating of Albums (Rate / edit rating / remove rating), and also rating of Songs while not playing back.
Feature requests have been in Yatse trackers for years as well.

Even Chorus2 supports this so it looks like technically it is possible - chorus can rate albums and songs whether they are being played back or not.

Some of us use Kodi & Yatse extensively for music - wondering if any plan to implement this. As much as I like Yatse, it gets a bit annoying as the music collection grows and rating becomes more of a need.

Thanks

Replies (2)

RE: Rating of Albums and of Songs while not playing and while playing - Added by Tolriq about 1 month ago

So now 3 month are years ? ;)

Else for the record Yatse support Local device that have special rating things, Plex that have another one, Emby that only suppose thumb up and down.
Oh and of course Kodi 17 now support 2 different kinds of ratings and add to that the fact that Yatse can work 100% offline and you get a little idea about why the fact that API may or may not have that or that Chorus does that is totally irrelevant ;)

Anyway 3 month is nothing, the issue is not closed so asking more the same thing by the same user have no impact ;)

RE: Rating of Albums and of Songs while not playing and while playing - Added by Ari about 1 month ago

Tolriq wrote:

So now 3 month are years ? ;)

Else for the record Yatse support Local device that have special rating things, Plex that have another one, Emby that only suppose thumb up and down.
Oh and of course Kodi 17 now support 2 different kinds of ratings and add to that the fact that Yatse can work 100% offline and you get a little idea about why the fact that API may or may not have that or that Chorus does that is totally irrelevant ;)

Anyway 3 month is nothing, the issue is not closed so asking more the same thing by the same user have no impact ;)

Thanks for the fast response. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Yatse and you do a great job supporting it, that's why I am here.

Now (my) first request to improve Rating support was on 2016, some of that was indeed done (thanks!) but the key = easy to use rating not yet, and in the meantime it is also true that Kodi improved quite a bit, e.g. they didn't support album rating at the time, and now they do.

I thought I'd mention this here hoping that other yatse users that need/want this feature would chime in, that's all

Cheers

8/12/16
Issue #595 has been reported by Ari.
Feature #595: More options for Rating songs (as other music players provide) and filtering them based on rating

(1-2/2)
    Go to top