Project

General

Android wear option to automatically open to search page

Added by Paul 8 months ago

Hello mate,

Long time user of Yatse, absolutely love it and I am planning on doing a video on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb to show people how they can control Kodi just by pressing the watch and speaking.

Is there any way to have the wear application automatically open to the voice search page rather than the navigation page?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

-P

Replies (5)

RE: Android wear option to automatically open to search page - Added by Tolriq 8 months ago

Well I'm sorry but I do not really understand the question :)

RE: Android wear option to automatically open to search page - Added by Paul 8 months ago

Sorry bud.

At the minute to do a voice search from the watch you have to open the app, long press on the OK button, press the mic button, tap to speak and then give your command.

I was wondering if there was any way to tell the watch app to behave differently and open directly to the voice page when launched. Perhaps an advanced setting somewhere?

Thanks for all your hard work, the app is truly awesome.

-P

RE: Android wear option to automatically open to search page - Added by Tolriq 8 months ago

Well once the app is started once, there should be a notification on the watch with the microphone in a tab for that no ?

RE: Android wear option to automatically open to search page - Added by Paul 8 months ago

Hello mate,

Not on my Moto 360 running Android Wear 2.0. The app always opens to the remote screen where I have to long press on the OK button, press the mic button, and then tap to speak. There is a Yatse notification but launching it just takes me back to the remote screen (up down left right and OK)

No worries if it's not something you'e looking to implement, just thought it would be a handy feature. I'll link you to the video this weekend so you can see what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,

-P

The notification have 3 panes with one being the microphone.

(1-5/5)
    Go to top