Project

General

kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu

Added by Joe 20 days ago

Some of the views in the estuary skin in kodi 17.4 have a display left docked menu which is closed by default. Does anyone know if there's any way to open this left menu via Yatse remote control? Either natively or via a custom command.
Thanks

Replies (5)

RE: kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu - Added by Tolriq 20 days ago

Well press left ? :)

RE: kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu - Added by Joe 20 days ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm stupid but not entirely stupid :)

One particular view that I have a usability issue with is the EPG view in the kodi IPTV simple client. This view has a left docked menu which is closed by default and the "focus" within the EPG is at the current point in time where there are 5 days worth of previous content in the EPG to the left. To get the left docked menu to open by pressing left, I have to hold left until the EPG has scrolled all the way to the left through 5 days worth of previous EPG content until eventually the menu opens. That's not the best user experience so the original question stands: is there any way to open the left docked menu via Yatse remote control either natively or via a custom command?

RE: kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu - Added by Tolriq 20 days ago

I have no idea, and it's a global usability of Kodi estuary that have no idea about how to make proper interfaces for remotes.

The real question is how do you do with a physical remote or a keyboard? Then I can tell you how Yatse can do the same to address UI flaws in Kodi.

RE: kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu - Added by Joe 20 days ago

Yeah fair enough I get that the Estuary skin is a bit lacking here and probably to blame. I'll connect a wireless keyboard with trackball up later tonight to see if that provides any clues to what we might be able to achieve with Yatse.

RE: kodi 17.4 estuary skin left menu - Added by Joe 19 days ago

For the record I gave up on the Estuary skin after connecting a keyboard with trackball and failing to get the left side menu to open via any means other than scrolling the IPTV simple client EPG all the way to the left.

I've now switched to Aeon Nox which appears better behaved in this view - the Yatse remote back button appears to be reliably working for me here so I guess we can call this case closed.

Thanks for your push that led me towards binning the Estuary skin which in my opinion is not a good choice as the default skin in kodi 17 at the moment. Perhaps it will improve with age.

(1-5/5)
    Go to top