Project

General

Control of Raspberry (OSMC) does not work without *internet* connection

Added by Dominic about 1 month ago

Hi everyone,

I believe that the problem I'm encountering is easy to solve, or has already been solved, but hours of googling didn't bring me to an answer.

The issue is simple:
As long as I am logged in to my WIFI at home and have an active internet connection: no problems at all. But soon as I lose my internet connection, I'm not able to start music playback from the menu (swipe right). Remote control still works although yatse tells me that the host is offline.
How can I start music playback with no internet connection?

Thank you in advance!

Replies (3)

RE: Control of Raspberry (OSMC) does not work without *internet* connection - Added by Tolriq about 1 month ago

Uncheck the option Wifi only in your host configuration.

Android OS only tells that Wifi connection is working if you have active connection to Internet. And this option tells Yatse to only try to control with Wifi working.

RE: Control of Raspberry (OSMC) does not work without *internet* connection - Added by Dominic about 1 month ago

And that was the solution. Although I don't find the name of the setting self-explaining.

Thank you very much!!!

RE: Control of Raspberry (OSMC) does not work without *internet* connection - Added by Tolriq about 1 month ago

The setting name is 100% logical :) It says what it does.

What is not logical is how Android handle some things internally ;)

It's even worse in AP mode where it even says not connected at all and needs hidden APIs.

(1-3/3)
    Go to top