Project

General

Share -> Play Next Function

Added by Alex about 1 month ago

Currently from Share we can Play or Queue, is there any chance of getting a "Play Next" feature, which adds the video/song/whatever to next in the queue rather than the bottom of the queue?

I'm.occasionally playing music and very happy with the playlist and just want to slip one song in next, currently the work around is queue, then go to playlist on the remote and drag it up to the top. The issue with this is (asides from the extra clicks) it gets rather confusing with YouTube which doesn't show the title in the playlist when queued until after it has played.

Replies (4)

RE: Share -> Play Next Function - Added by Tolriq about 1 month ago

Let's hope one day Kodi allows remotes to queue things with meta data or give a way to resolve before playing :)

Anyway about the new entry, users already complains that there's too many entries without knowing that they can disable them in settings so I'm not really sure one more is wanted, specially when it was never asked before.

RE: Share -> Play Next Function - Added by Alex about 1 month ago

Thanks for the response. Fair enough and understood.

Could you not add the entry and have it disabled by default (ie. opt in, instead of opt out)?

It's a common feature in most media players (such as Google Play Music, iTunes etc) now to have a "Play Next" option when selecting a song, so that you can play a song next without disrupting your playlist.

RE: Share -> Play Next Function - Added by Tolriq about 1 month ago

Well if it's opt in it's not used and end up to be lot's of code to maintain for nothing.

Yatse does fully embrace play / queue / queue next when used from inside it's interface. If you browse youtube from the addon from inside Yatse you can do that.

We are talking about registering things outside of apps it's quite different.

RE: Share -> Play Next Function - Added by Alex about 1 month ago

Ok. Thanks for your responses.

I find that add-ons through Yatse can be a little problematic (at times not load data etc), so I don't always use it this way. I sometimes also like to know I have the right Youtube video (preview on my phone etc) before queuing - which obviously can't be done through the app itself, and needs to be done inside of Youtube.

(1-4/4)
    Go to top