Project

General

Complete action with Yatse on many webpages

Added by J 2 months ago

When using the Chrome Browser on many sites I get the question if I want to complete the action using Yatse, sometimes it makes sense (e.g YouTube) but usually it doesn't make sense at all. For example when logging into my Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/) or on passwords.google.com. Is there a way to completely disable this feature so I won't be interrupted anymore?

Replies (9)

RE: Complete action with Yatse on many webpages - Added by Tolriq 2 months ago

Well yes in settings shown in the Wiki ;)

Disable the share options.

RE: Complete action with Yatse on many webpages - Added by J 2 months ago

Thank you, but I don't think that helps (https://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/SettingsAdvanced). I was already aware of the share menu and I use it frequently to "cast" YouTube video's from the YouTube app to Kodi (that is by pressing the share button and then picking Yatse's "Play on Media Center" option, and because I never use the "Queue" option I already had that disabled in the advanced settings menu).

However, I think my issue has to do with the "opening links" functionality in Android. For Yatse the option "Open supported links" was set to "Ask every time", I changed that to "Don't open in this app" for now and I'll see how this goes. Yatse has a list of supported links among which *.youtu.be, drive.google.com, vimeo.com, *youtube.com, etc, etc and that list also contains just *, which I assume means "match ANY hostname". Perhaps that triggers the annoying and wrong requests to open a webpage in Yatse instead of staying in Chrome and loading the page.

So I hope this solved it for me :).

Well you know that I coded the app ? :)

So disabling the 3 play on in advanced / advanced does disable the manifest entries to register those urls.

So well it does prevent your issue at 100% ;)

I know haha, and I thank you for your good support and the great app! :)

However what I meant, and I didn't explain that properly, is that I really like to send YouTube videos through the Android share menu (i.e. when I explicitly choose to do so) so if I were to disable all 3 options in Yatse I wouldn't be able to do that anymore, thus disabling the share options wouldn't solve my problem.

Btw, the wiki doesn't explain that by disabling all the 3 share options the link handling by Yatse is also automatically disabled (and neither does the explanation of the options for that matter), so maybe you could add that or even make an explicit setting for disabling the manifest entry that registers those urls?

Well it's just that you do not understand how Androis internally works.

The share or clicking links is the exact same thing. Android search what can handle and shows it. Clicking a youtube link in a mail does exactly the same as sharing from youtube from OS point of view.

Each settings disable the corresponding entry. Since all 3 entries can handle http links. Disabling the 3 remove the 3 options so 0 are left so Android can't display anything.

There's no special secret combo of 3 disable = super power :)

You're right, I have no idea how Android works, so thank you for clarifying that.

I just hope the Android setting I changed fixed the "nag" that I experienced when browsing webpages that Yatse also support.

Well no reason it does not work, but a lot of change it also breaks the sharing from youtube.

Well for me sharing still works, see screenshots.

Well then it should all be ok :)

(1-9/9)
    Go to top