Project

General

Remote button missing

Added by Franck 3 months ago

Hello everybody,

Something strange on my Yatse since yesterday : remote button in the left menu is missing. No way for me to access it.
That's really strange : "Hide Remote button" is OFF in my settings.

If someone has an idea ...

Replies (6)

RE: Remote button missing - Added by Franck 3 months ago

It works !

RE: Remote button missing - Added by Rob about 2 months ago

I am having the same issue, but I think removing the remote unless something is playing is a mistake. A lot of people use Yatse as a remote control for the Kodi interface itself (e.g. to navigate to a movie and start playing it, and so on). This is now no longer possible.

One of the main reasons I love Yatse for is that it allows me to use Kodi's advanced UI options, such as context menus (long press in Yatse), that my standard TV remote control does not allow me to do. Now, that doesn't work anymore. You've effectively cut Yatse's usefulness in half.

Please bring back the remote control even when no source is playing. Thank you.

RE: Remote button missing - Added by Tolriq about 2 months ago

Well maybe you should actually read that link no ?

The remote visibility have nothing to do with the fact that you are playing something or not ....

it's tied to what you are currently streaming too. If you are streaming to a device that does not support remote then no remote. Pretty logical no?
Pressing stop cast means that you are controlling what you are seeing, if it's Kodi there's a remote. So much magic in a simple application.

RE: Remote button missing - Added by Rob about 2 months ago

Ok, I figured it out. The "Stop Cast" button is located in the dialog that opens when you tap the chromecast icon in the upper right corner. That wasn't clear, at least not to me.

Thanks for clarifying and for your good work.

RE: Remote button missing - Added by Tolriq about 2 months ago

Well it's located at the same place that you start streaming.

Sounds logical to stop cast at the place you started it no?

Because cast does not start alone by magic afterall ;)

(1-6/6)
    Go to top