Project

General

Yatse does not work as a remote anymore

Added by Stephane 11 months ago

Hello All
I am using CEMC (Kodi 16 fork) on my Minix Android TV Box.
I have used Yatse for about a year now and now problem. I am assuming my steetings are correct

However, I have a problem:
I can still browse though my library, but I can only play my content on my local deviced (phone or tablet)
I can't seem to be able to launch it on my Minix via my phone.
Also, when I play something on the Minix anyway (using the normal remote), then nothing happens on my phone (the remote does not show fanart, notification is not showing either)

In other words, I can use Yatse as a player on my local device, but no longer as a remote.

This is weird, because I then tried to use Kore, and it's the other way around: I can use it as a remote, but not stream on my local device (which is normal, I believe Kore does not have this function)

Can anyone help? Yatse used to function perfectly, and nothing has changed?

I really miss the time when the "play" button was asking us if we wanted to stream locally or start on the player itself
Thanks in advance

Replies (6)

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Tolriq 11 months ago

Well as you can see on your Yatse it's written playing on local device under your media center name.

Just press stop cast in the cast button :)

Wiki explains everything and mych much more.

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Stephane 11 months ago

Hello
It works, thanks a lot. I am either extremely illogical, or this is a terrible way to present this option.
I remember back in the day it was just when you pressed play that it would ask you where you want to play it.
SOOOOOOOO much better
Or at least, if you want to keep the "CAST"button then "Local Host" should be in the list of players, as opposed to just "stop casting in the bottom right.
Still an awesome app, but really that is not clear IMO
Kepp up the good work
Stephane

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Tolriq 11 months ago

You are illogical and do not understand the global picture of Yatse features ;););)

http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/UsingYatse\#Streaming-Unlocker-only

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Stephane 11 months ago

WEll, If I am the first and only one to have a problem with that, so be it, I am illogical :-)
Otherwise, I am sure you'll do something about it.
Anyway, so happy to have everything working again.
Thanks and good night

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Frank 2 months ago

+1 Stephane!
Since 7.5 I'm running "Kore" for remote controlling. The Change in 7.5 was NOT logical and Not obvious.
Regards

RE: Yatse does not work as a remote anymore - Added by Tolriq 2 months ago

Well if you know better than me and all other users then continue to use Kore.

Kore only control one thing at a time. If you use Yatse in the same way as Kore then Yatse work exactly the same..

You compare different things...

When you stream from Kodi A to Kodi B what are you looking at ?
Obviously Kodi B.

So what the remote should control?
Kodi B that you are looking at? Or Kodi A that no one see?

So sorry that you do not understand but still the change was logical, obvious, documented and asked by tons of users.

If you can't press stop cast then you need something that Kore does not do. So using Kore to do something that it can't sounds weird no?

(1-6/6)
    Go to top